This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

When Evil Comes To Play (The Veil Diaries) B.L. Brunnemer

by - Sunday, May 06, 2018


When Evil Comes To Play, (The Veil Diaries)
B.L. Brunnemer
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem

My name is Alexis, though everyone calls me Lexie. I’m a Necromancer. I see the dead, talk to them, and help them move on. Well, I used to. Now, with the Veil closed, I’m the only way for a soul to cross over. It’s wearing me out, and according to my doctor, it’s going to kill me. I don’t know how to tell the guys. I’m working on it, but there is so much going on right now; Isaac’s acting strange, Ethan’s worried that his brother isn’t eating or sleeping, Asher’s dad is back, and Tara is still snooping around my bedroom. My symptoms are getting worse, and we’re running out of time. For everyone.


The Veil Diaries-
1. Trying To Live With The Dead
2. When The Dead Come a Knockin'
3. When To Fear The Living
4. Whispers From The Dead
5. When Evil Comes To Play

Necromancer Alexis, or Lexie to her friends, can see and talk to the dead.  She helps them move on.  But the Veil is closed now, so she is the only way for a soul to cross over.  But after months of crossings, with multiple souls it is wearing down her body.  Having finally gone to the doctor for some tests, she received some news, and it is not very good. Add to that, she is asked for help on a case involving a little girl. Which turns out to be a lot more than any of them bargained for.  Also Asher's dad is back, Tara wont leave me alone, something is going on with Isaac, and I am steadily getting worse.  Time is running out, in more ways than one.

I have loved this series from Trying To Live With The Dead.  I believe this is my top 5 favorite RH series, hell series period.  Lexie is just such a kick ass character.  I love her attitude, how strong she is, how she loves her guys, how she protects those she loves, and just flat out protects those who cant. She is like every female character that I love all rolled into one. Each one of the guys are just as special to me.  Isaac, aka Cookie Monster, breaks my heart and builds it back up. He is adorable, and fun.  We get to see more of him in WECTP, how he feels, why he does what he does. His Twin Ethan, steady, devoted, a rock.  And when he calls Lexi Beautiful, just melts me.  Miles, sexy, smart, loyal, steady, calm and always knows just the right thing to say and do.  Zeke, strong, devoted, loves fiercely.  He has issues he has to deal with, but I love how he bends over backward for Lexie and would literally do anything for her.  Asher, strong, devoted, loves just as deeply as Zeke.  He has to deal with his father, and things get pretty ugly. But he has Lexie and the guys to help him out. This small group is a family, and family looks after each other. You see them fight their own demons, but when push comes to shove, they are there for one another.  This connection they have keeps me coming back.  B.L has such a way with her storytelling that captures my attention, and keeps it.  Just the right amount of the information we need, and just the right amount of pace on the romance front.  The different points of view, and bad ass characters makes this series so damn good. So if you haven't read this series yet, please start from the beginning. I promise you, you wont regret it. So would I recommend When Evil Comes To Play?!!


You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram